Life lessons from a weekend in the wilderness
I am going to be really honest. I know, on the outside… in my marketing, etc. it can appear as though everything is perfect. Let me just tell ya’, it isn’t perfect nor has it been – ever. Life gets messy for all of us, from time to time. What is amazing however is how I have learned to become more and more of a conscious creator and use my emotions and mind, to my advantage. Herein lies, the real secret to *freedom*. (This is also what I teach.)
I am human. I have “bad” days. What I do with those days (how I allow them to teach me) has empowered me to create a life I love.
I know you hear it all the time but it really, really, really is true:
The only limitations you have, are those you have decided are.
Consider that again:
The only limitations… are those you have decided are.
Last summer, my boyfriend and I went on a back packing trip in the High Sierra’s of Yosemite (Hello – stunning! Check out that pic we shot.). To be honest, I was initially a tad hesitant… not much, but enough… and it bugged me. I was stuck on a limitation I thought I had. Once I got over that, it felt like I couldn’t get there fast enough! The experience was BLISS, with a big, fat ole’ cherry on top. I can’t wait to do it again.
The lessons I learned there apply to pretty much anything in life, including the rocky road to our dreams.
Please… take what you need from my experience:
- When the road gets rocky, slow down and just focus on one step at a time.
- There are always pests in the midst. It’s only until you take your focus off them that you are able to fully experience the beauty around you. You may still get bitten but at least you had fun in the meantime :).
- Take the journey with someone you trust can help you get back on track when you get lost.
- If you think you can’t do it, prove yourself wrong. It’s a huge confidence booster.
- Look for the face in the clouds. She’s there.
- Always pack light. You don’t want to be thinking of the burden on your back when the most stunning beauty you’ve ever seen, is right in front of you.
- If you don’t like what you see from where you are, climb higher. It’s more beautiful up there.
- You can find comfort pretty much anywhere.
- Lions, tigers, and bears oh my… yes, they are out there. Don’t let fear stop you, ever.
- Take the road less traveled but if you see stacked stones piled high – follow them.
- See the light, and feel the warmth.
- Find your fire starter.
- It is up to you but there’s always help and support if you are willing to accept it.
- If you lose your footing, trust your instincts to get you right back on the path.
- Those unexpected twists and turns… they are there to make the journey a heck of a lot more interesting than a straight, boring road. Embrace them!
Did this speak to you? Tell me how below. I *love* hearing your thoughts.
Love & Light
Wendy, SoulFUEL™ Business Coach & Your Freedom Guide