Dance, Like Nobody Is Watching: 11 Game Changing Tips
Recently, I experienced a minor emotional setback. I woke up in a funk, from something that happened the night before.
I had a BIG day ahead and knew that energy would definitely not foster what I wanted to create – so my goal was to navigate myself back to serene and beautiful waters as quickly as possible.
Here’s what I noticed... How I managed that situation was very different than the way I once lived. Within a couple of hours, my energy completely (and authentically) changed and I had a gorgeous day! Brilliant, new connections were made, a launch I am working on progressed beautifully, my happiness meter was high, I found humor everywhere, and I was able to make a difference for several clients and friends.
Emotions are real.
The not-so-fun-ones show up unexpectedly sometimes, demanding our attention.
What we do in those moments 100% transfers to every other area of our life.
How we do one thing is really, how we do everything.
Here is the process I went through and how you can apply it:
1) When you are in pain, discomfort or uncertainty – don’t let it run you. Instead of avoiding it, allow it to move through you.
2) Make a decision about how you want to feel and what you want to experience. Know you hold the power to dramatically alter any situation… any emotional state.
3) Have go-to-feel-good resources you can do on your own – ones that give you an immediate sense of peace and happiness. Meditate. Flow Dream. Be with nature. Do visioning exercises. Trust yourself to love and nurture YOU.
4) Make a conscious effort to remind yourself of who you really are and why you are here. If you are having trouble figuring that out, grab my FREE GIFT. (Audio program and PDF downloads)
5) Play some tunes, dance, smile for no “reason”, and let your energy move!
I am amongst a group of fabulous entrepreneurs who constantly practice pushing through discomfort and setbacks. We are all living our dreams and are genuinely happy. We also have “our days” when we need to reach deep inside to get ourselves in a better place.
What I see that’s different amongst my peeps and the masses is our willingness to figure out what is holding us back (or could potentially) and then seek out the resources to help to fill those gaps. We are wholly devoted to the art of overcoming.
We show up, no matter what… no matter how we feel, and in our action – get ourselves to the other side.
Why? There is much at stake and it proves itself over and over as the answer to living the life of our dreams.
And guess what? There is a lot at stake for you too, even if you aren’t yet quite aware of what all that is yet.
What does it take to live a life you LOVE and have a passion-and-freedom-based business? Here are a few things to consider adopting, if you haven’t already:
- The willingness to get and be, uncomfortable. All change IS outside your comfort zone. I know, I wish I had better news ;).
- The willingness to push through pain for the sake of growth that takes you to entirely new and unbelievably wonderful places.
- The willingness to be relentless in your pursuit of the answers.
- Focusing on what you want, and not what you don’t want.
- Extreme positivity.
- The understanding that it is in the taking of action in the direction of your dreams that gives you the confidence you can actually make them happen.
Those are just a few.
In that order.
Sooooo, what are you willing to take on as a challenge today from the list above? Tell me! I’d love to hear it! You’ll inspire others to go for it too.
Love & Light,
SoulFUEL™ Business Coach